In this article we will present some of the most interesting records, hold even today from the Premier League, the league with the highest amounts of cash invested. With the sheiks coming to Manchester City and the development of Tottenham Hotspur, six teams will fight each year for the title: Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City, Tottenham and Liverpool, which has not managed to win a title since the competition is played under the new format. Manchester United has won the most titles, 19. Since the inception of Premier League in 1992, 45 teams have played in the first division and 7 of them have never relegated in the lower leagues: Arsenal, Aston Villa, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur.
Here are the most interesting records from the Premier League:
- The record for the most consecutive wins in the Premier League is held by Arsenal London, with 14 wins in a row. They managed this performance in 2002.
- Arsenal is also the team that managed to win the title without losing a single game since the competition is played under the new format.
- Four teams hold the record for the longest run of draw results: Nottingham Forest, Norwich City (twice), Southampton and recently Manchester City in 2009.
- Sunderland holds a negative record, between 2003 and 2005 they have lost 20 consecutive games in the Premier League.
- Derby County played 32 consecutive games in the Premier League, failing to win at least one.
- Between 2003 and 2004 Arsenal London played 49 games without losing.
- Manchester United kept their goal clean in 14 consecutive games between 15.11.2008 and 18.02.2009.
- Alongside the negative record from above, Sunderland hold another one. They failed to score at least once in the most consecutive games, 10 from 1976 and 1977.
Points and goals record in the Premier League:
- Aston Villa, West Bromwich and Nottingham Forest are the teams that scored the most goals in the games played at home, 12. Very interesting the fact that this record is held by underdog teams and not teams from the big four.
- The same record, but in the games played away from home is held by Wolverhampton and Sunderland with nine goals scored.
- The record for the game with the highest number of goals scored in the Premier League is held by two games. First, between Aston Villa and Accrington played in 1892 when the hosts won 12-2 and the game between Tottenham and Everton from 1958 when Totttenham won 10-4.
- The game between Leicester City and Arsenal London played in 1930 is the draw with the most goals scored in the English football. The game ended 6-6.
- Chelsea scored the highest number of goals in the 2008-2009 season, 103. They also have the title that season.
- In the 2007-2008 season, Derby County scored only 20 goals and thus establishing a negative record for the number of goals scored in an entire season.
- Chelsea is the team with the fewest goals conceded in a season, 24 in the 2003-2004 season.
- Roman Abramovicâ€™s team also holds the record for the highest number of points in a season, 93 in 2004-2005.
- On the other side, Derby County got the fewest number of points in an entire season, 11 in the 2004-2005 season.